1. Home
  2. Medical Encyclopedia(Handbook of Diseases)

phosgene poisoning

Phosgene, also known as phosgene (COCL2), is colorless and has the smell of moldy firewood. It is rarely soluble in water and forms hydrochloric acid after hydrolysis. More than 3 times heavier than air. It is non-irritating to mucous membranes, making the human body feel no sense after inhaling high concentration of phosgene. The main industrial use of phosgene is the production of aniline dyes. Other industries with more exposure opportunities are firefighters, welding...



Contact us: