nursing of pinkeye-nursing precautions-dietary taboos
- What Is Good For pinkeye Diet, Dietotherapy And pinkeye
- The Treatment Method Of pinkeye, How To Do pinkeye, And The Medication Of pinkeye
General nursing care of pinkeye
Attention in life:
1) Strictly do a good job in personal hygiene and collective hygiene. Advocate frequent hand washing, face washing and eye wiping without hands or sleeves.
2) Patients in acute stage should be isolated to avoid infection and epidemic.
3) Strictly disinfect the used washing utensils, handkerchiefs and used medical utensils of patients.
4) Prevent infection in the other eye when one eye is sick.
5) After contacting patients, medical staff must wash their hands and disinfect to prevent cross infection.
Nursing care of pinkeye
"Pinkeye" is an acute infectious disease caused by bacterial or viral infection, which is called "acute conjunctivitis" in medicine. Conjunctiva is a smooth and transparent film on the whites of the eyes and eyelids. If this conjunctiva has acute inflammation, it will get acute conjunctivitis. First, the eyes are red and the secretions are increased. Especially when getting up in the morning, the upper and lower eyelids are often stuck, the eyes feel hot, painful and itchy, the eyelids seem to be uncomfortable like sand, and they are afraid of light and tears, which makes people feel very uncomfortable.
Pinkeye occurs in late spring and early summer, and is generally spread by sharing towels, washbasins, washing water and handkerchiefs with patients with pinkeye. Sometimes patients come into contact with other items, such as pillows, quilts, clothes, door handles, telephones, remote controls, etc., which may be stained with germs.
Once suffering from "pinkeye", you should go to the hospital for examination as soon as possible, clarify the types of pathogenic microorganisms, and choose appropriate antibiotics. Antibiotics have excellent effects on bacterial conjunctiva, but they have no curative effect on viral conjunctivitis, but they can prevent bacterial infection. No matter eye drops or eye ointment, special personnel should be used to avoid cross infection. Besides being treated by doctors, we should also learn self-care. Keep your eyes clean. Because there are many eye secretions when suffering from acute conjunctivitis, you can't rely solely on drug treatment. It is important to take care of your eyes carefully and keep them clean frequently.
Cold compress at the initial stage, use hormone eye drops with caution. Cold compress should be applied to the eyes at the initial stage of acute conjunctivitis, which is helpful to reduce swelling and redness. On the contrary, hot compress will congestion the eyeball, and inflammation may spread and cause complications. When inflammation is not controlled, hormone eye drops should not be used, and hormone eye drops should be prohibited for viral conjunctivitis. Therefore, hormone eye drops should be used or not according to the advice of ophthalmologists, and should not be used by themselves.
Avoid light and heat, and avoid photophobia and tears in patients with severe acute conjunctivitis. In order to alleviate discomfort, it is necessary to avoid the stimulation of light and heat. Don't force yourself to read or watch TV. Wear sunglasses when you go out to avoid sunshine, wind, dust and other stimuli. In order to make the discharge of eye secretions smooth, reduce the local temperature, which is not conducive to the reproduction and growth of germs, the eyes should not be bandaged or worn with eye masks.
Eye ointment should not be used in patients with pinkeye
Ophthalmologists remind that if you suffer from pinkeye, it is best to go to the hospital for targeted treatment after eye examination. You can't abuse eye ointment casually so as not to aggravate your illness and delay the treatment opportunity. Should be in the doctor's correct guidance under the regular use of eye ointment to treat pinkeye.
The doctor explained that the ingredients in the general eye ointment are mainly Vaseline, supplemented by lanolin, and made by adding some drugs. What are the general eye ointments? The most common ones are chlortetracycline, erythromycin eye ointment and tetracycline eye ointment. These eye ointments are characterized by no heat dissipation and no water absorption. Some secretions in eye diseases like pinkeye will be a lot. After rubbing, the temperature in conjunctival sac will be higher, the fine poison will grow and reproduce quickly, and the secretions will not be discharged out of the eyes, resulting in aggravation of the disease.
Pay attention to medication for pinkeye
1. Keep the eyes clean. Because there are many eye secretions when suffering from acute conjunctivitis, it is impossible to rely solely on drug treatment. It is important to take care of your eyes carefully and keep them clean frequently. Wash your eyes with normal saline or 3% boric acid solution, and then drop eye drops to give full play to its efficacy.
2. Cold compress at the initial stage, and use hormone eye drops with caution. Cold compress should be applied to the eyes at the beginning of acute conjunctivitis, which is helpful to reduce swelling and redness. When inflammation is not controlled, hormone eye drops should not be used.
3. 0.25% chloramphenicol eye drops and erythromycin or tetracycline eye ointment are commonly used in antibiotic eye drops. Viral conjunctivitis can also use morphoxydine hydrochloride eye drops and eye drops of various antiviral agents.
4. Avoid the stimulation of light and heat, and don't force yourself to read or watch TV. Wear sunglasses when going out to avoid the stimulation of sunshine, wind and dust. If the condition does not improve after treatment at home, or there are obvious general discomfort symptoms, such as headache and fever, which indicate that there may be complications, you should see an ophthalmologist immediately.