the causes of thyroid cancer in the elderly, what are the causes of thyroid cancer in the elderly
- elderly thyroid Cancer Diet, Diet, What To Eat For thyroid Cancer In The Elderly
- Treatment Of thyroid Cancer In The Elderly, What To Do With thyroid Cancer In The Elderly, Medication For thyroid Cancer In The Elderly
The main cause of thyroid cancer in the elderly: It may be related to radiation, and related to goiter and thyroid tumor abnormality.
Causes of thyroid cancer in the elderly
1. Causes of disease:
The etiology of thyroid cancer is still unclear. According to statistics, thyroid cancer may be related to radiation, goiter and thyroid tumor abnormalities, and a very small number are related to family heredity, such as medullary thyroid cancer. Thyroid cancer is mostly from follicular epithelium, a few from parafollicular cells, and a few from the interstitium of the thyroid. There are primary thyroid cancers and secondary ones. The pathological classification is as follows:
1. Papillary carcinoma: It is a well-differentiated thyroid cancer, accounting for about 3/4 of the total. On the side with many lesions, the tumors vary in size, generally colorless, painless, poor swallowing activity, low-grade malignancy, and good prognosis.
2. Follicular carcinoma: It is also a well-differentiated thyroid cancer, accounting for 10% to 15%. The lesions are mostly single or multiple. The tumors are solid, colored, and the tumors vary in size, round or oval or nodular. They grow slowly and are easily misdiagnosed as adenomas. They are more common in 40-60 Years old women, some have early blood tract metastasis.
3. Medullary adenocarcinoma: It is a cancer derived from parafollicular cells of the thyroid. Some people call it parafollicular cell carcinoma or C-cell carcinoma, which accounts for about 5%. The tumor has no envelope, different sizes, mostly single, and medium Highly malignant thyroid cancer.
4. Undifferentiated cancer: rare, accounting for about 5%, mostly male elderly patients, highly malignant thyroid cancer, very poor prognosis, death within 1 year.
1. The etiology of human thyroid cancer is still unknown. After the atomic bombings in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, Japan, the incidence of thyroid cancer among local residents increased. Some patients have received radiotherapy during childhood, and the incidence of thyroid cancer has increased. X-rays are more carcinogenic than 131I. Radioactive substances can cause gene mutations in thyroid cells, and a considerable amount of cell death, reduced thyroid hormone secretion, increased excitatory TSH secretion, and can promote cell proliferation and cause carcinogenesis.
2. Iodine deficiency can cause tumors in rats, and the incidence of thyroid tumors in endemic goiter endemic areas is higher.
3. Some goiter-causing substances, such as 2-acetamidofluorene, can act on thyroid tissue and cause thyroid tumors.
4. Familial tumors are genetically inherited and thyroid cancer can occur. In some patients with familial goiter, a small number of people can become cancerous under the stimulation of TSH. Thyroid cancer, medullary cancer, pheochromocytoma, and digestive system tumors can all have a family history.
5. In addition, different types of thyroid cancer have different causes. For example, papillary cancer is derived from follicular cell carcinoma, and its onset is related to the long-term effect of TSH, but it does not play an original role. TSH only affects papillary cancer. There is a certain impact on the growth of. Papillary carcinoma is more common in iodide-rich areas and is definitely related to the effects of radiation.
- Complications Of thyroid Cancer In The Elderly, What Diseases Can Be Caused By thyroid Cancer In The Elderly
- elderly thyroid Cancer Examination, elderly thyroid Cancer Diagnosis
- How To Diagnose And Differentiate thyroid Cancer In The Elderly
- How To Prevent thyroid Cancer In The Elderly, Nursing Measures For thyroid Cancer In The Elderly
- Introduction To Elderly Thyroid Cancer-Symptoms-Treatment-Nursing-Diet